Mastermind in Albert Street double murder arrested in Pomeroon River

first_imgThe alleged mastermind in the brutal murders of 87-year-old Constance Fraser and 75-year-old Phyllis Caesar, whose bodies were discovered in their home at South Road and Albert Street, Georgetown, was apprehended by members of the Major Crimes Unit in a Pomeroon riverine community on Sunday afternoon.Guyana TimesThe home where the elderly women livedunderstands that following the confession made by two of the four suspects who were arrested on Friday, the name of this mastermind has since been revealed. Without hesitation, detectives visited the man’s home, but were unsuccessful in apprehending him.However, a police source explained that the suspect’s brother transported him to the Pomeroon riverine community after he found out that police were looking for him in connection with the murders.The alleged mastermind is a 25-year-old resident of Cooper Street, Albouystown Georgetown. Upon his arrest, he was escorted to CID Headquarters, where he is being interrogated for the heinous crimes.The bodies of Fraser, known as “Mother Fraser”, and Caesar, her niece, were found in the wee hours of Tuesday. The women were found in the upper flat of the home, in their respective bedrooms, lying unconscious on their beds. Caesar’s hands and legs were bound, and a piece of cloth had been stuffed in her mouth.Police confirmed that the house was ransacked, which suggested that the murders stemmed from a robbery. In addition, detectives confirmed that the perpetrators may have gained entry to the home via the western door.According to reports, Caesar failed to report to her place of worship, as is customary, prompting several attempts to contact the duo, all of which were to no avail. A congregation member then alerted the Police, and together they ventured into the home and discovered the two women dead. The elderly women were last seen alive while attending church on Monday evening.Congregation members crowded the street after news of the discovery spread, and they informed Guyana Times that, on multiple occasions, bandits had broken into the home of the two defenceless elderly women.During the most recent attack, just about a month ago, the criminals had carted off a cell phone and a quantity of cash.Meanwhile, the autopsy done on the bodies of the two women proved that they died as a result of asphyxiation due to suffocation and manual strangulation, compounded by trauma to the head. The post-mortem was performed by local pathologist Dr Nehaul Singh. (Bisham Mohamed)last_img read more